Crews battle fire at bus garage in Sparta

SPARTA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Emergency responders say a bus garage for Sparta Area Schools caught fire on Saturday night.

Crews say the call came in around 9:30 p.m. in the 200 block of South Union Street in Sparta.  

School board president Andrew Jensen told News 8 no buses were inside the garage at the time. There were some supplies, such as lawn equipment, inside, he said. 

Firefighters could be seen battling the blaze and using aerial trucks.

It’s unclear at this point what started the fire.